200 online classes and 42 days later…
We're so excited to be starting back with our regular Afternoon/Evening classes on June 1st! We'll be primarily focused on our recital dances during each class, to ensure we are all ready and prepared for filming our show on July 23rd.
The safety of our students, families, and staff is always our first priority. To ensure this, we will be practicing all recommended CDC guidelines to keep us all healthy. The following will be put in place until further notice when we are able to relax restrictions:
1. Most importantly, please do not send your child to class if they or anyone in your household has been sick or shows possible symptoms within the past 14 days. If anyone tests positive in the future, we need to be alerted so we can notify the other families who may have been exposed.
2. All parents must fill out a waiver before their child attends class. To reduce contact, this waiver will be emailed to you. Please print and sign, and bring it with you to your child's first class. Students will not be permitted to join class before a waiver is signed.
3. The lobby and office will be closed. We are opening Studio A to students only. Parents will not be permitted in the building to limit the number of individuals at the studio. Please drop off your child and pick them up at the door to Studio A. You must wait in your car, or return at the end of class to pick up your child. All payments should be made online or over the phone. Please let us know if you're having trouble making payments. There will be marks on the sidewalk to help maintain distance while waiting before and after class. Please be considerate of the other families around you.
4. Masks are allowed to be worn before and during class. This is to protect those around you and ensure the studio can remain open in the future. Please consider having both you and your children wear one. We have a limited number at the studio which can be requested as well.
5. We will be checking temperatures before letting children enter the studio. Upon entering, each student must proceed to the bathroom to wash their hands with soap for 20 seconds. After washing your hands, children will find a mark on the floor 6 feet apart. This distance will be maintained as much as possible during class time.
6. Please bring a water bottle to class. Dance bags and shoes should be placed in their designated location. Please do not bring more into the studio than absolutely necessary. Hand Sanitizer will be available in the studio for children to use as needed.
7. We are allowing 10 minutes between each class for the studio to be cleaned, including floors, barres, and frequently touched surfaces. In order to accommodate this, the schedule may be slightly altered. Please come at your usual class time the first week, and be patient as we figure it all out.
We know this is a long list, but we are all in this together! Before every class, please remind your dancer before each class to cough/sneeze into their arm, not touch their face, and to wash their hands/use sanitizer often. Also remind them that while we love them all and miss them dearly - to not run up and hug all of your friends. All classes will still be streamed on Zoom if you do not feel safe attending in person, or if you or your household shows symptoms.
We are so excited to see everyone, and we have missed you all SO much! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Your DanceMania Family
Please take a moment and follow us on our Facebook page to keep up-to-date with all of our new opportunities: https://www.facebook.com/DanceManiaJax/ Or consider making one if you do not have a profile for your students to be able to follow along.
All of our current paying students can join in our online group for lessons, both pre-recorded and live.